Call Us : 03 9822 7106
Little St Margaret's Kindergarten was first established in 1929 as the kindergarten of St Margaret's School, now at Berwick. After a year in the Toorak Presbysterian Church Manse, the kindergarten transferred to the bluestone building at 19 Mayfield Avenue. In 1940 when St Margaret's School had transferred wholly to Berwick, Misses Margaret Paton and Maisie Cooper entered a partnership agreement to manage Little St Margaret's Kindergarten. The kindergarten moved once more, this time to its current site at 29 Mayfield Avenue. Misses Paton and Cooper ran the kinder very successfully for the next thirty years until their retirement in 1970 at which point a meeting was held to decide on the future of the kinder. Current families will be thankful that the outcome of the meeting was to keep the kinder going and establish a council of parent representatives - the structure we still use today. This year marks the 85th Anniversary of Little St Margaret's and we hope that the many people who began their formal learning journey here will come and help us celebrate.